So here's what happend. I went to this confrence thinking that i would watch some speakers talk about how to grow your photography business and trade photo nerd talk with a bunch of other photo nerds just like me :) But what happened was I found PASSION. A passion for life,work, and everything else. Although the speakers did talk about things like marketing and shooting, they talked more about owning who you are and how it is not just important for your business but also for life! Own who you are. the good, the bad, everything. This doesn't mean don't seek to improve. It means don't fake being someone your not to try and attract business or attempt to be friends with everyone. So needless to say....I'm doin it. and it feels amazing! Not that i was some super fake dude before this but i definitely was afraid to embrace my flaws for fear of rejection.
So now on to some more awesome which is the people I met. Let me introduce you to Katrina Wheeler and Michelle Standerfer these girls took me under there wing and showed me around to all the cool kid parties and other stuff i would have otherwise not been invited to. Here is a photo of us hangin out after Unite a Christian photography group that was started by David Jay and a few other people.

Also i got to meet Jamie Delaine who is from Vancover, Canada. She is awesome! Really cool Christian girl who is an amazing photographer and one of the most positive people i have ever met. Here is us after a Q&A at the Showit suite.

oh ya and my personal hero as of the last year or so David Jay

But the last photo goes to Dane Sanders. I had never even heard of this guy but he is the one who had the biggest impact on me in the time i was there. Dane is one of those genuine people who you can tell is just 100% real. He did a speaking event call "Anatomy of the Creative" and it talked about a lot of really relevant topics. Along with the general awakening that life is short and we need to be doing what are hearts are leading us to and not fall into the everyday robotic life most live. He also gave me one of my new favorite quotes
Most men die at 27, we just bury them at 72.
~Mark Twain
Here is me and Dane in the trade show.

So in conclusion, It was awesome and i can't wait to go again next year and hang with all my new photog friends.
Yay! So great to meet you Brady! You do AWESOME work and I know you have bright things in store for your future.
ReplyDeleteGreat to meet you Brady! Thanks so much for the kind words. Lead us!
ReplyDeleteHow great is that to go to WPPI and to meet Jamie and Dane. Your photos are getting better and better. Thanks for the photo lesson when you came by to see Dallas and Selena. I took a class and learned a lot more. Now just gotta keep shooting.
ReplyDeleteThanks again and glad you've found your passion at such a young age. I wish I had!
Connie